Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Plant Nerd: Planter Shopping at Ikea

So first off, its been a long time since I have blogged. My mind was a huge blank. It still kind of is. I also haven't had much success crafting lately. I just sit down and stare at the table and nothing happens. I did make a few hair clips custom at the request of my mom. They are a little different from what I normally make but I am happy with how they came out:

Clips made for mom!


So I finally got a little blogging inspiration today when I took a trip to Ikea to look for a new planter for the bamboo plant in our kitchen (It's growth was stunted from being trapped in a too small pot). I had looked for one at the local hardware store yesterday but had no luck finding the perfect new home for the little guy.

So many colors! So many sizes!

They had so many amazingly designed planters to choose from. And the prices were just right for an unemployed plant nerd. Here are some of my favorites (all planters shown are ceramic):

Ovantad, $9.99



Arlig, $8.99

Three different sizes of Bigarra, $9.99, $24.99 and $39.99
I have the biggest one in a charcoal color in my succulent garden,
this was the first I had seen it in white
!
Ovantad in a tall size, $7.99
Kardemumma, $1.99 (!!!)

Once I made my planter decisions, I really couldn't help picking up a little brother for my bamboo:

Lucky Bamboo, $1.99

I got home and put my bamboo in their new homes, and they seem quite happy. What they aren't happy about is the ugly counter and blinds, but they know we are renters and there isn't much we can do about that:

Knoppig, $4.99 & Ntad, $1.99

No comments:

Post a Comment