Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cool Company: design/story

I wrote a blog entry about design/story on Wednesday but apparently Blogger decided to send it to the cornfield when it was down last night for several hours. Let's try this again...


design/story is a members only shopping experience that presents modern design (frequently of a Scandinavian persuasion) at discounted prices. They will feature different brands or designers for a few days only, so if you see something you like you need to act fast! Yesterday, they launched a campaign with the dutch company Royal VKB (campaign ends May 18th), maker of ultra modern kitchen accessories/utensils. Last week I was asked, with a couple other people, to take a look at some of Royal VKB's cool products and share my opinions. This was captured on film (and a YouTube video which I have included at the bottom of this post):


Me and my Royal VKB testing counterparts
(Photo: design/story)


Closely examining the Terracotta Water Carafe
(Photo: design/story)


I also asked the design/story folks if the carafe could be used for chilled wine but they weren't sure. I think I will try it and get back to them...


Drink Me
(Photo: design/story)


We also got to play with the Table Bin. The Table Bin is the perfect picnic/camping/general outdoor eating tool. The top can be used as a surface for putting plates on, or cutting something. When you are done eating, you can take the lid off and put your table scraps an used utensils inside. If you have ever had a food mess explosion inside your picnic tote (yes, I have had a food mess explosion in my picnic tote), you will appreciate a product like this. 


Table Bin
(Photo: design/story)


To check out all the Royal VKB products on sale at design/story you will need to sign up to be a member. It only takes a second though, and its worth it to see all the great items for sale and a plethora of design information. 



No comments:

Post a Comment