Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Etsy Roundup: Movie Tribute Posters

I love movies. Okay, so does everyone else. But I really love movies. Anyway, something I have noticed popping up on Etsy are original "vintage style" movie posters. Sort of the artist's tributes to their favorite films. I would have to imagine there are some copyright issues here (especially with all the Star Wars tribute posters I found. You don't want to mess with Lucas!), but maybe no one has noticed.


Not only do I love this "Empire Strikes Back" poster, I think that this and its two counterparts (here and here) will be living in my house as soon as I am employed:


Poster by Restyle


My favorite from the classic horror genre is "The Shining". Here is evidence from last Halloween:


Myself and Megan as the Grady twins from "The Shining"


What I love about "The Shining" is not only how scary it is, but the style of the film is just so amazing (I could really write an entire blog post about that alone actually). This artist actually added the "fold lines" in this poster digitally to add to the vintage movie poster effect:


Poster by Team Wesler


When "The Royal Tenenbaums" came out, I went to see it with a friend. It got to me so much that I went home and laid on my bed and starred at the ceiling for an hour. I then went back to see it in the theater three more times (seriously). I love this Margot Tenenbaum "paper doll" poster. All of the characters in this film had such interesting signature styles, but Margot's was by far the best with her Lacoste dresses, loafers and fur coat:


Poster by Claudia Varosio


Speaking of iconic film style, Jean Seburg in "Breathless" is about as iconic as you get. I have to say I don't really love the film itself, but I could watch it over and over just to admire its classic style. This artist adds a little color to his tribute to the Jean Luc-Godard classic:


Poster by Adam Juresko 



No comments:

Post a Comment