Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspiration: Succulents!


My succulent "garden"

I'm not a huge plant person, I don't know how to take care of them, and well, the plants of the world are just better off in other, more capable hands. I do have a weakness for succulents however. There is something so interesting and architectural about them, plus they are pretty low maintenance. 

Me, 1980
Perhaps my affinity for succulents began here in my great aunt's amazing backyard. Here I am at age two, hands on hips, contemplating something very important, I'm sure.


This one started off as a little guy I got at Trader Joe's for a couple bucks, and it grew like crazy. I have transplanted it three times already in less than a year.

The colors! The shapes! How to decide??
I spent half an hour staring at these at the hardware store trying to decide what I wanted. They are all so cute!


I know succulents in terrariums have become quite trendy, but they really are great for people who like plants but need something difficult to kill. I water this maybe once a month. 


I love these "aspirational" pots from Vessel USA. Maybe someday my succulents will be lucky enough for these fancy digs:





While I love the pots, the best thing about succulents is that they don't need these fancy containers to be inspiring!

1 comment: